[Rubygems-developers] gemspec extensions attribute

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:30:32 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 12:42 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/6/07, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > No one can tell me, if there's a way to get the comoiled libs copied
> > to the right place? I ran setup.rb and it puts them in the right
> > place, so I'm surprised gems does not.
> >
> > Should I submit a bug report?
> >
> I don't quite understand your question: you're expecting that rubygems
> (gem install) copy your lib/folder to some place?

No. I'm still talking about compiling extensions.

  gem install foo

and foo's gemspec has extensions defined, it does the compilation,
right? The resulting .so files get copied to lib/, but that's the
wrong place. If you use setup.rb instead they get copied to right
place in 'lib/foo/'. How do I tell gems to copy them to lib/foo/ and
not lib/?