[Rubygems-developers] pure-ruby vs. compile-on-intsall

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:38:58 EST 2007

I'm a bit confused. If I have a pure-ruby version of my lib, but also
have some extensions that can speed things up, should the pure-ruby
gem be named plainly? Eg. 'foo-1.0.0.gem'.  But then what platform is
the compile-on-install gem? Am I going about this wrong? I'm starting
to think it would be easier to create two packages, one for the
pure-ruby gem and another for the optional extensions.

7rans <transfire at gmail.com>

BE HELP: http://manumission.info