[Rubygems-developers] gembundles

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:11:35 EDT 2007

On 3/23/07, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> > Why not release it as a separate gem, let it develop for a while, and
> > if people use it, it can be included in RubyGems at a future date?

> > Bundling with RubyGems is going to reduce opportunities for rapid
> > improvement.
> Okay. Well I can do that. It's pretty drop-dead simple though. Do you
> have any reason to suspect it's a bad idea?

Yeah; it's shelling out for tar. Use Archive::Tar::Minitar instead and
then you only depend on RubyGems and can script that appropriately
(see Patrick's questions recently on automating Gems).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com * http://www.halostatue.ca/
               * austin at halostatue.ca * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/