[Rubygems-developers] gembundles

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:40:11 EDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Nic Williams <drnicwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll bite.
> One popular bundle people might relate to is to bundle the rails gems
> together, as a demonstration.
> BTW, does/will your solution work for gems with components that get compiled
> at installation time? Probably not a showstopper though,. Gembundle still
> seems a good idea.

I don't see why not. It installs gems just like gems are currently
installed, this just adds a layer for packaging packages --hence a
literal multi-package.

Thanks for the support. I hope others feel the same. I especially
would like to know what the gem developers think, as I really need
this functionality, like, yesterday :)