[Rubygems-developers] Gem repository and/or local gem installation issues

Wes Gamble weyus at att.net
Fri Mar 16 15:12:02 EDT 2007

All,

I've attempted to update several gems and I keep getting an "invalid gem format" error.  Below is the output of my various gem update commands.

gem 0.9.2
Windows XP

Is there something going on with the repository or is the problem with my local installation?  If the problem is local, how should I go about debugging it?

Thanks,
Wes
C:\eclipse\workspace>gem update rubyful_soup
Updating installed gems...
Attempting remote update of rubyful_soup
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
    invalid gem format for c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/rubyful_soup-1.0.4.gem

C:\eclipse\workspace>gem update rake
Updating installed gems...
Attempting remote update of rake
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
    invalid gem format for c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/rake-0.7.2.gem

C:\eclipse\workspace>gem update
Updating installed gems...
Attempting remote update of actionmailer
Install required dependency actionpack? [Yn]  Y
Install required dependency activesupport? [Yn]  Y
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
    invalid gem format for c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/activesupport-1.4.2.gem