[Rubygems-developers] Patch for mkrf/rakefile based extension failing to install

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Sun Jun 3 04:23:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a gem with exensions and decided to try out mkrf.  It
seems to work just fine but gem fails to install.  The bug appears to be
in ExtRakeBuilder.build I have uploaded a patch to rubyforge.

    http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=11313&group_id=126&atid=575

I'm assuming that a gem developer will declare an mkrf extension as:

    spec = Gem::Specification.new do |s|
        #...
        s.extensions << "ext/path/to/mkrf_conf.rb"
        #...
    end

If I am incorrect in my assumptions, please let me know.  I'd like to
plan on releasing all my extension based gems with mkrf.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org