[Rubygems-developers] Installing Gems on Windows

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:21:23 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Brian Hogan <bphogan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Curt:
>
> I was wondering if you'd be interested in including a small .bat I wrote
> in the One Click Ruby Installer. It makes gem installation easier for
> newbies on Windows.  Take a look at my blog posting at
> http://www.napcsweb.com/blog/2007/07/12/making-it-easier-to-install-gems-on-windows/and let me know what you think. It wouldn't replace the regular method, but
> it can be a time saver.

I like it!

In fact, I wonder if (at least on Windows) there is a decent way to really
make this the default and actually replace the normal gem install method
(with an override option of course). This would follow the Rails philosophy
of using intelligent defaults with overrides when needed.

I cc'd the RubyGems developers on this to get their thoughts.

Curt