[Rubygems-developers] Swap library directory of some gem to development source tree

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:48:40 EDT 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Anatol Pomozov wrote:

> After adding to buildr.cmd -I parameter
>
> like this
> @ruby -I C:/work/opensource/ruby/buildr/lib "c:/PROGRA~1/ruby/bin/
> buildr" %*
>
> I have an exception
>
> c:/PROGRA~1/ruby/bin/buildr:16:in `load': no such file to load --
> buildr (LoadError)
>         from c:/PROGRA~1/ruby/bin/buildr:16
>
> bin/buildr is a standard
>
> #!c:/PROGRA~1/ruby/bin/ruby
> #
> # This file was generated by RubyGems.
> #
> # The application 'buildr' is installed as part of a gem, and
> # this file is here to facilitate running it.
> #
>
> require 'rubygems'
> version = "> 0"
> if ARGV.first =~ /^_(.*)_$/ and Gem::Version.correct? $1 then
>   version = $1
>   ARGV.shift
> end
> gem 'buildr', version
> load 'buildr'    # <========== EXCEPTION GOES FROM HERE
>

> What does it mean??

It means that it is not finding 'buildr' anywhere in the load path.

 From your earlier post, I got the impression that you did not want
to run the gem installed version of buildr.  If this is the case,
then don't try to execute the gem-created stub file (which explicitly
loads the gem installed version of buildr into the load path).
Instead, execute your main buildr application script directly.

Guessing from your example, that would be something like:

   @ruby -I C:/work/opensource/ruby/buildr/lib "C:/work/opensource/
ruby/buildr/bin/buildr" %*

Does that help?

--