[Rubygems-developers] rubygems' cooperation with linux distributions?

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy pclouds at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 22 10:09:38 EST 2007

On 1/22/07, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> mkmf.rb (which is required by extconf.rb) is the place to look to see
> if you can override Config::CONFIG['INSTALL'], perhaps with an
> environment variable.  It should get passed straight from the gem
> install command down to the extconf.rb in a subshell.  If not, please
> file a bug on our tracker.

I have looked at it again. Environment variables do not have any
effect on it. Patching mkmf.rb is not an option to me because then I
have to rebuild ruby. However I think maybe I can make a wrapper for
mkmf.rb. Thanks for the idea.

Anyway I still want ability to patch a gem package :) (for more
difficult cases, I can search bugs.gentoo.org for those if you want
examples)

Cheers,
--
Duy