[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now Links to RDocs

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:23:44 EST 2007

On 1/18/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a pretty serious edge case to me.  RDoc isn't something
> you generally make a link to.  It's something that lives inside your
> source and is generated.  For all but the rare edge case, I think this
> would go unused.

Then there has to be a way to dictate proper generation doesn't there?
It's going awefully far to designate something an "edge case" b/c it
doesn't conform to RDoc documentation. What if someone wants to use a
different doc system... What if someone writes a program in such a way
that RDoc can't even handle it well --that's rather easy actually.

All this "lock-in". Rubyworld seems to be getting extreme when it
comes to  convention over configuration.

T.