[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now Links to RDocs

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:31:55 EST 2007

I'd probably still keep the docs up there since they are versioned and
provide a reasonable fallback, but I agree that providing a link to
the docs in the gemspec is not a bad idea. If that existed I'd make it
the first link to documentation *above* all of the gemtacular
generated ones.

V/r
Anthony

On 1/17/07, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/13/07, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've just deployed an update to gemtacular which links to the rdocs
> > which are generated on the server. This is currently experimental as I
> > am aware that some gems cannot be rdoc'd without errors, however for
> > most gems there are at least *some* sort of rdocs in there.
> >
> > To get to the RDoc links you need to actually view the details about a
> > gem...eventually I'll make the latest RDoc'd version available in
> > lists as well.
> >
> > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
>
> Might be nice if the gemspec has a field for a url to the rdocs. Then
> the server wouldn't need to generate all of them -- only the ones that
> lacked the url. This would allow those who supply the url to fashion
> the rdocs according to the project's needs (ex- Facets has two sets of
> rdocs, trying to make one set out of it makes a mess.)
>
> t.

Cell: 808 782-5046
Current Location: Melbourne, FL