[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now Links to RDocs

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:27:46 EST 2007

On 1/13/07, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just deployed an update to gemtacular which links to the rdocs
> which are generated on the server. This is currently experimental as I
> am aware that some gems cannot be rdoc'd without errors, however for
> most gems there are at least *some* sort of rdocs in there.
>
> To get to the RDoc links you need to actually view the details about a
> gem...eventually I'll make the latest RDoc'd version available in
> lists as well.
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Might be nice if the gemspec has a field for a url to the rdocs. Then
the server wouldn't need to generate all of them -- only the ones that
lacked the url. This would allow those who supply the url to fashion
the rdocs according to the project's needs (ex- Facets has two sets of
rdocs, trying to make one set out of it makes a mess.)

t.