[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now in RubyForge Subversion

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Jan 12 12:02:47 EST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 09:34, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> >>
> >> What does this have to do with serving RSS?
> >
> > We are proposing to increase the amount of RSS served by this host.
        [... lib/net/http.rb ...]

> Actually, I bet people will be using things like RSS readers, not net/
> http, to read the feeds.

Yes, a large proportion.

> > However, given that same audience, it might be that someone has had
> > an idea about how to solve this cleanly, so we can do something to
> > improve the situation.  That latter part is probably worth moving to
> > ruby-core.
>
> Submit patches for the existing RSS libraries to the respective authors?

Have made a start on that, but I'm in mental knots about the way
blocks are used on "lumps" that come from the socket, and the fact
that there is also HTTP chunking going on, and quite how that interacts
with Accept-Encoding choices that compress stuff is a puzzle to me.
I emailed Minero Aoki to that effect last night [British time].

        Thank you,
        Hugh