[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now in RubyForge Subversion

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 12:34:01 EST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 08:46, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > Yes, RSS is the way to go for this.  However, I wish to raise the
> > point that the Ruby net/HTTP class doesn't support content encoding
> > transparently yet:
>
> What does this have to do with serving RSS?

We are proposing to increase the amount of RSS served by this host.
This will increase the load on said host.
Given that the audience is rubyists, there will be people accessing
this by means of Ruby.
The fact that Ruby doesn't yet support the compression feature out
of the box means that any load increase is maximized.

However, given that same audience, it might be that someone has had
an idea about how to solve this cleanly, so we can do something to
improve the situation.  That latter part is probably worth moving to
ruby-core.

        Hugh