[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now in RubyForge Subversion

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:04:52 EST 2007

On 1/11/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Now I did :)
> > >
> > > Chad
> >
> > Any chance we can get the email out of RubyForge? At some point I
> > think we'll want to be able to send emails to people, so we need to
> > get their email somehow...if we can't get it out of RubyForge then we
> > will just need to let users set it.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> We might be able to work with the RubyForge people to expose some
> other services for email, but I'm wondering what we might want to send
> them email for?  Do you have a specific feature in mind?
>
> Chad

Some examples:

 Notification when a particular gem is released
 Notification when a gem is rated or commented on
 Any other kind of notification that I might not be thinking about :-)

Thinking a little more about it, though, we could just as easily make
all pages support RSS and then people can get their notification fix
that way, which may be a better solution anyhow. Thoughts?

V/r
Anthony

--
Cell: 808 782-5046