[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular Now in RubyForge Subversion

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Wed Jan 10 12:14:02 EST 2007

On 1/10/07, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> The gemtacular code is now in the RubyForge subversion repository.
> I've modified the deploy script to point to the new repo, but haven't
> tested it out yet...next deployment I'll make sure it works.
>
> svn checkout svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/gemtacular

Cool.  I've modified it here locally to use RubyForge as the
authentication database.  It only goes to RubyForge if it can't
authenticate locally.  On successful login, it creates a local user
account so we're not always hitting RubyForge (via its SOAP API).

Do you want to add me to the RubyForge project so I can commit?  I'm
chadfowler on RubyForge.  If you don't mind, you could also add wbruce
(Bruce Williams).  We're the two that have started and stopped this
project more than once :)

> Do you all have any objections to just discussing the gemtacular
> changes here for now, rather than starting up a new mailing list?

I think this is the place to do it.  I don't imagine we're going to
flood people's mailboxes. :)