[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular.com

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:21:55 EST 2007

On 1/9/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Steven Lumos <steven at lumos.us> wrote:
> >
> > Guys.  Since it's not necessary to squeeze between domain squatters
> > edgewise in this case, how about a nice boring name like
> > list.rubygems.org?
> >
> > Steve
> >

> I agree with your sentiment.  My hope would be that when this goes
> live for "real", it's just rubygems.org and doesn't have a special
> name.  Anthony, how do you feel about that?  in that case, I see the
> current DNS name to be more of a project code name than anything else.
>
> Chad

I agree, the current name is purely temporary. What I envisioned was
once Chad deploys the app to his server he will point the
gemtacular.rubygems.org name to his install. At that point we will
work on it and keep deploying until he is comfortable replacing
rubygems.org, at which point, the gemtacular.rubygems.org name just
directs to the rubygems.org homepage.

V/r
Anthony

--