[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular.com

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:55:14 EST 2007

On 1/8/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/3/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> >
> > Right now I have it deployed on my server with mongrel cluster and
> > Apache 2.2. Do we have access to the same setup on rubygems.org or
> > would it be a different deployment environment? Also would I be able
> > to use capistrano to do updates? Also, I suppose I would need to
> > include links to the existing documentation as well since it would be
> > replacing that homepage - what else would have to be included in order
> > to replace the current rubyforge.org homepage?
> >

> Sorry for going silent for a few days.
>
> I have the same setup exactly, so things should be easy.

Good. We can figure out who will handle deployment once the project is
in RubyForge.

> > One option as an alternative to deploying it to the actual
> > rubyforge.org hardware would be to just CNAME a third-level under
> > rubyforge.org until it is ready for final release.
> >

> Let's do it with a CNAME to get things started.  Wanna start with
> gemtacular.rubygems.org?  I'll set it up to point to your IP if so.

Sure, go ahead and do that. I've already modified the vhost so it will
respond to gemtacular.rubygems.org.

> > Regarding opening the source to some collaborators, that wouldn't be a
> > problem. I have it hosted on my subversion repo so I would just need
> > to set up some accounts for whomever would be involved.
> >
> > Let me know what you would like to do and we'll make it happen.
> >

> Let us know when you have the RubyForge stuff ready and we'll start
> pitching in.  I know Bruce Williams had some UI stuff already laid out
> that would be a nice addition in the short term.

I've submitted for registration, I'll let you know once the source
code is moved over into the rubyforge repo.

-Anthony

--
Cell: 808 782-5046
Current Location: Melbourne, FL