[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular.com

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:57:23 EST 2007

On 1/3/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/3/07, Chad Fowler <chad at chadfowler.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >

> > > Awesome, Anthony!  This is very similar to a twice-stalled project
> > > I've started, which was originally intended to go on rubygems.org as
> > > the home page.  Would you be interested in collaborating and making it
> > > "official"?
> > >
> > > Chad
> >
> > Sure, I'd be happy to collaborate on it. Let me know what you have in mind.
> >
> > V/r
> > Anthony
> >
> I was thinking we could deploy this on rubygems.org and maybe open up
> the source for a few collaborators.  In particular, Bruce Williams who
> does the Ruby Central design work might be persuaded to skin the app a
> bit.
> Chad

Right now I have it deployed on my server with mongrel cluster and
Apache 2.2. Do we have access to the same setup on rubygems.org or
would it be a different deployment environment? Also would I be able
to use capistrano to do updates? Also, I suppose I would need to
include links to the existing documentation as well since it would be
replacing that homepage - what else would have to be included in order
to replace the current rubyforge.org homepage?

One option as an alternative to deploying it to the actual
rubyforge.org hardware would be to just CNAME a third-level under
rubyforge.org until it is ready for final release.

Regarding opening the source to some collaborators, that wouldn't be a
problem. I have it hosted on my subversion repo so I would just need
to set up some accounts for whomever would be involved.

Let me know what you would like to do and we'll make it happen.