[Rubygems-developers] Gemtacular.com

Anthony Eden anthonyeden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 15:56:01 EST 2007

Hey all, I've just put up the first release of a site I created called
http://gemtacular.com/ . Currently it updates once every hour and
grabs the latest rubyforge rubygems.yaml file, brings it into a
database and then makes it searchable, makes Gems rateable, sorts by
most recent, most popular and by name.

Hopefully this will help spread the awareness of what gems are out
there and will continue to encourage people to use gems as the means
of deploying Ruby libraries.

At some point here I'll add in support for more of the meta data
contained in the gemspec, support for other repos (outside of
rubyforge) and links to generated docs.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

V/r
Anthony Eden