[Rubygems-developers] lib/rubygems/open-uri.rb needs to stay gone

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 16:19:08 EST 2007

OK. Here is patch that contains proxy authorization changes.

But as for me I would just copy open-uri.rb from trunk to 1.8.5 branch,
because of 2 reasons
1) version from trunk is tested much better (we've used it in rubygems-0.9.2
)
2) It does not contained any API changes. Trunk version fixes 2 bugs: with
proxy authorization and with SSL.

Anyway if copying is not possible (but I am still voting for it) I would
like that anyone from you try to test this patch. Just apply patch to your
current open-uri.rb file and remove open-uri lib from rubygems.

I've just tested it. WinXP ruby 1.8.4, rubygems 0.9.2. Works fine.