[Rubygems-developers] [call for participation] - gem dependencies maven-like project specs

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:25:42 EST 2007

Before you start, check out my GemInstaller project
(geminstaller.rubyforge.org).  It is really close to what you are
talking about.  I'm an ex-Maven user and that's the niche I'm trying
to fill.  I'd love to coordinate with you on this, and I've tried to
design GemInstaller to have an extensible, programatically friendly
API (unlike RubyGems - oops, SORRY did I say that?).  Even if you have
a larger scope in mind, you might be able to leverage GemInstaller.

This is really close to release - it's already very functional and
usable, I'm just ironing out a a few bugs related to deep (2+) level
dependencies.  Just a couple more all nighters!  It has been much more
difficult than I expected to get it all working :)

-- Chad