[Rubygems-developers] Including non-ruby scripts in a gem?

Robert J. Berger rberger at ibd.com
Mon Feb 5 22:29:34 EST 2007

I have some python scripts that get called by my ruby program. I
would like to include them as part of the gem for the main ruby program.

I can not figure out how to do that. It seems that if I put them in
the packages  bin, the packaging process seems to think they are ruby
scripts and generates a ruby wrapper that tries to "load" them. I
would like it to just put the python scripts into /usr/bin.

Is there a way to accomplish this with the gem packaging process? Any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Robert J. Berger - Internet Bandwidth Development, LLC.
Voice: 408-882-4755 eFax: +1-408-490-2868
http://www.ibd.com