[Rubygems-developers] Questions on 1.0.0 on JRuby

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Wed Dec 26 17:31:16 EST 2007

Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> 1. jgem?
>
> I saw this during the 1.0.0 install:
>
> install -c -m 0755 /tmp/gem /Users/headius/NetBeansProjects/jruby/bin/jgem
>
> Why jgem? We've been shipping with just 'gem'.

I'd still like to know why this is the case. We don't want to ship
RubyGems as "jgem" in JRuby. If anything, we might call it "jem", but I
strongly prefer just leaving it as "gem".

> 2. Some version issue on JRuby

Eric suggested, and was correct, that this was an issue with JRuby not
calling yaml_initialize when reconstituting objects from YAML. I've
fixed that on JRuby trunk and removed the to_ints hack. Thanks!

- Charlie