[Rubygems-developers] executable wrapper not working for some gems?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:32:49 EST 2007

Not sure if this is a problem with the rubygems trunk or not, but
reporting anyway...

When I install the rspec 1.1.1 gem using rubygems trunk, the 'spec'
binary in /usr/local/bin/spec doesn't have the rubygems wrapper code.
In other words, it is exactly the same as the rspec source executable,
without the shebang or require 'rubygems', etc.

I tried another gem (geminstaller) and it did get the exec wrapper
generated correctly, so not sure what's up, if this is a rubygems or
an rspec problem.

This was with the latest trunk rubygems, on mac.

Thanks,
Chad