[Rubygems-developers] Still issues with mswin32 as platform

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:31:02 EST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 12:23 AM, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:

> > Maybe a combination of File.expand_path and Dir.glob could do the
> > trick? Compared to 0.9.4 one change that can break some 'rake
> > gem_install' tasks.
>
> Do you think gem_name.gsub(File::ALT_SEPARATOR, File::SEPARATOR) be
> sufficient?

Oh man, this is a priceless moment: my suggestion was plain stupid.

You're right, but that will not work under *nix / posix platforms
since File::ALT_SEPARATOR is nil (and gsub specs a regex), so:

gem_name.gsub(File::ALT_SEPARATOR, File::SEPARATOR) if File::ALT_SEPARATOR

??

I'll check how to solve the gem stub scripts being put outside
ruby/bin folder tonight.

Thank you for your time.

--
Luis Lavena