[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems 1.0 release soon

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 07:25:14 EST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 12:35 AM, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> I cleaned up a bunch of bugs that arrived with 0.9.5, and would like
> to do a 1.0 release of RubyGems Monday or Tuesday.
>
> I forwarded one Windows-releated bug to Luis Lavena, but maybe
> somebody else can help?
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=16259&group_id=126&atid=575

Just replied on tracker about it, need to figure out a clean solution for it.

> Are there any other outstanding issues or important bugs that should
> be fixed in the tracker?  Or bugs that didn't make it into the tracker?

I'll give a mingw32 a whirl too since MinGW will became a option for
upcoming RubyInstaller (OneClick).

There is also the problem with binaries (executables) in <gem>/bin,
they are being overwritten to add the shebang to them.

Take a look at the rmagick win32 gem, they have 4 windows executables
there than when installed, get replaced by just the shebang, rendering
them useless.

> I think think all the unfixed bugs in the tracker can wait until a
> future release.
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=575&group_id=126&func=browse

The only upstanding bug I see there is this:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15790&group_id=126&atid=575

Which was marked by you as 'accepted'.

I'll also add this to my test loop today.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems