[Rubygems-developers] How best to change defaults for RubyGems in JRuby

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 4 00:49:35 EST 2007

I need to modify RubyGems to have slightly different defaults when
running under JRuby. Where is the best place to do that? Should I modify
the RubyGems code we ship with, or is there a better way?

For example, because JRuby's main executable is a shell script, there's
no way to use it in the shebang line of a script. Unfortunately, by
default, RubyGems installs the exact name of the executable:

#!/home/blah/jruby-1.0.2/bin/jruby

So I need to enable the env-shebang option always under JRuby, so these
scripts install right.

Suggestions?

- Charlie