[Rubygems-developers] HOWTO generate rails skeleton

Nic Williams drnicwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:07:18 EDT 2007

That's correct. That file is the generator for a new rails app. It uses the
root of the railties gem ("rails" gem) as the base for the template files,
as opposed to a "templates" folder like normal.

Look in the "railties/bin/rails" script for how the generator is invoked.

On 8/22/07, Hisham ElHifnawi <hisham86 at aucegypt.edu> wrote:
> NEED help:
> My group are working on rails IDE and we're in the wizard part now and
> we're trying to generate the Rails skeleton and we looked in the rubygems
> and found in
> gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.2/lib/rails_generator/generators/applications/app/app_generator.rb
> what does it do, does it generates rails skeleton? are there any other
> scripts we need to execute as well?
> plz email me at hisham86 at aucegypt.edu
> --
> Best Regards,
> Hisham ElHifnawi
> Computer Science Senior,
> The American University in Cairo

Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicacademy.com - Ruby/Rails training around the world
http://drnicwilliams.com - Ruby/Rails/Javascript/Web2.0
skype: nicwilliams
(p) +61 7 3102 3237 (Finds me anywhere in the world, via Skype)
(m) +49 162 347 2195 (German mobile)
(f) +61 7 3305 7572 (sends fax to my email)
(mail) Nic Williams
c/o Bryatt-Paradeda
Hohenzollerndamm 129
14199 Berlin