[Rubygems-developers] Retesting gems when dependencies change

Nic Williams drnicwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 01:22:49 EDT 2007

Does anyone have a setup for running tests on gems (either within the cache
or within their checkedout area) where their dependency gems have been
updated? Or say for gems that depend on one or more of the Rails gems for
example, how to support testing against Edge Rails? e.g. the composite
primary keys gem keeps breaking from Edge Rails changes, but I haven't had a
way to run tests against edge rails.

I started working on something for this, but I figured someone else (e.g.
Ryan + Eric) might have come up with something already to help. Any

Dr Nic Williams
http://drnicacademy.com - Ruby/Rails training around the world
http://drnicwilliams.com - Ruby/Rails/Javascript/Web2.0
skype: nicwilliams
(p) +61 7 3102 3237 (Finds me anywhere in the world, via Skype)
(m) +4673 681 5093 (Swedish mobile)
(f) +61 7 3305 7572 (sends fax to my email)
(mail) Nic Williams
c/o Bryatt-Paradeda
Hohenzollerndamm 129
14199 Berlin