[Rubygems-developers] Reviewing the Tattle Data (was RubyGems plaform thread)

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Fri Apr 27 14:41:40 EDT 2007

On Apr 27, 2007, at 01:51, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Eric Hodel wrote:
>         [...]
>>> I just don't like personally-identifiable information about my
>>> filesystem layout to be published without my knowledge. Someone
>         [...]
>> $ tattle -h
>> Usage:
>> tattle report # Print config data without sending
>> tattle post # Post config data (this is the default)
> Yes, but what do you mean by posting that?

If you find tattle is reporting information you don't want public
after you've published it, you should have checked out what it was
doing first and not run tattle.

(While the first release of tattle didn't have the report option, it
was still simple enough to visit the tattle report page or inspect
the source to discover what was being reported.)