[Rubygems-developers] Reviewing the Tattle Data (was RubyGems plaform thread)

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Wed Apr 25 15:26:45 EDT 2007

Jim Weirich wrote:
> (4) Woah ... the prefix data looks a little revealing.  Perhaps that
> shouldn't be on the download page (i.e. I now know where one prominent
> JRuby developer keeps his JRuby installation).

I tend to agree with this one. In most data-gathering software it's
considered a big no-no to report personally identifiable information.
I'm not particularly enthused that the structure of my JRuby path shows
up in there. I'd also say this information is pretty useless to report,
since there's an infinite number of places people might have Ruby installed