[Rubygems-developers] Reviewing the Tattle Data (was RubyGems plaform thread)

Nic Williams drnicwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 05:56:51 EDT 2007

I also don't imagine the graphs showing significant deployment data, vs
development box data. Thus all the mswin/darwin results.

Nic

On 4/25/07, Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Jim Weirich wrote:
>
> > Eric Hodel wrote:
> >  > On Apr 23, 2007, at 19:14, Jim Weirich wrote:
> >  >
> >  >> I haven't seen the results of tattle yet (perhaps Chad would like
> >  >> to share the gathered data)
> >  >
> >  > Its downloadable from: http://tattle.rubygarden.org/
>
> I don't see a download there, but I see a display of this
> information.  Incidentally, the graph bars don't work with large
> print, which bleeds outside them and then gets out of sync with
> them.  I expect that is not easy to fix.  SVG perhaps?
>
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Going over the tattle data is interesting.  And it raises a number of
> > questions.
>         [...]
> > (3) Sheesh, 17% of the respondents are running RubyGems 0.8.11.  Just
> > haven't upgraded?  ... or technical issues with later version causing
> > problems?  (inquiring minds want to know).
>
> We don't know from what is displayed when these readings were taken.
> I haven't run tattle for ages.  I'd suggest a link on that page
> to instructions, because I've forgotten what to do.  A 3D graph
> showing time might be interesting, but nontrivial to produce
> >
>         Hugh

Dr Nic Williams
http://www.drnicwilliams.com - Ruby/Rails/Javascript/Web2.0
skype: nicwilliams
(p) +61 7 3102 3237 (Finds me anywhere in the world, via Skype)
(m) +4673 768 1389 (Swedish mobile)
(f) +61 7 3305 7572 (sends fax to my email)
Björnsonsgatan 153, 16 844 Bromma, Sweden