[Rubygems-developers] Reviewing the Tattle Data (was RubyGems plaform thread)

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 04:57:22 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Jim Weirich wrote:

> Eric Hodel wrote:
>  > On Apr 23, 2007, at 19:14, Jim Weirich wrote:
>  >
>  >> I haven't seen the results of tattle yet (perhaps Chad would like
>  >> to share the gathered data)
>  >
>  > Its downloadable from: http://tattle.rubygarden.org/

I don't see a download there, but I see a display of this
information.  Incidentally, the graph bars don't work with large
print, which bleeds outside them and then gets out of sync with
them.  I expect that is not easy to fix.  SVG perhaps?

> Thanks.
>
> Going over the tattle data is interesting.  And it raises a number of
> questions.
        [...]
> (3) Sheesh, 17% of the respondents are running RubyGems 0.8.11.  Just
> haven't upgraded?  ... or technical issues with later version causing
> problems?  (inquiring minds want to know).

We don't know from what is displayed when these readings were taken.
I haven't run tattle for ages.  I'd suggest a link on that page
to instructions, because I've forgotten what to do.  A 3D graph
showing time might be interesting, but nontrivial to produce

        Hugh