[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems 0.9.2 on Ruby 1.9?

Mauricio Fernandez mfp at acm.org
Wed Apr 18 09:59:45 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 07:13:14AM -0500, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Apologies if this has been addressed before; I did a quick search of
> the rubygems-developers mailing list but couldn't find anything.
>
> I'm trying to install rubygems-0.9.2 under Ruby 1.9 (latest code from
> the trunk), and it stops with:
>
>       Successfully built RubyGem
>       Name: sources
>       Version: 0.0.1
>       File: sources-0.0.1.gem
>     hook /Users/lyle/src/rubygems-0.9.2/./post-install.rb failed:
>     gzip error installing sources-0.0.1.gem
>
> Is there any way to work around this?

AFAIK the code in the svn repos will not work with 1.9, but moriq (Kazuhiro
Yoshida) has created a branch that runs on 1.9[1], take a look at

http://collaboa.moriq.com/rubygems-for-ruby-1-9/repository/changesets

[1] this is what he used to install & benchmark parts of Rails under
1.9, see http://eigenclass.org/hiki/non-synthetic-benchmarks-for-yarv

                        ** Latest postings **
simplefold: better vim folding (Ruby, Objective Caml, Perl, PHP, Java)
  http://eigenclass.org/hiki/simplefold
evil.rb wants love
  http://eigenclass.org/hiki/evil.rb-wants-love