[Rubygems-developers] Fwd: Plist ? and suggestion

Patrick May patrick at hexane.org
Sun Sep 10 17:48:11 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm having some trouble after moving a gem from one project to
another on ruby-forge.  I'm not sure whether this is "ruby-gems" or
"rubyforge", but you both do a great job so I'm including everyone :D

+ The plist gem was originally released via the "narf" project.
+ I just released a gem of the next version of plist on the "plist"
project

I'm now seeing errors when trying to update the gem.

+ A user initially reported 300 errors (forwarded below), which I
confirmed on my machine:

   [glider:~/programming] patsplat% gem update plist
   Upgrading installed gems...
   Attempting remote upgrade of plist
   Attempting remote installation of 'plist'
   ERROR:  While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
       300 Multiple Choices
   [glider:~/programming] patsplat%

+ After hiding all plist releases in the "narf" project, I am getting
a 404 error:

   [glider:~/programming] patsplat% gem update plist
   Upgrading installed gems...
   Attempting remote upgrade of plist
   Attempting remote installation of 'plist'
   ERROR:  While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
       404 Not Found
   [glider:~/programming] patsplat%

I hope this is something that is easy to sort out.  Thanks in advance
for your help!

Cheers,

Patrick May

Begin forwarded message: