[Rubygems-developers] Gem Problem due to ActiveRecord-JDBC.

Ola Bini ola.bini at ki.se
Wed Sep 6 10:16:50 EDT 2006

Jim Weirich wrote:
> Ola Bini wrote:
>> Hi,
>> For some reason my recent release of an ActiveRecord-JDBC-gem to
>> RubyForge (in the jruby-extras project), have broken the global gems
>> source index. I have _tried_ to remove this gem from RubyForge, but
>> RubyForge gives me error. Any heads up what I should do?
> I've sent a note to Tom about removing the gem from the download area.
> And I will look into fixing the gem software to detect this better.
> Thanks for the heads up.
> -- Jim Weirich

Thank you. I have managed to remove the distribution from the project in
RubyForge for jruby-extras. I assumed this would remove the gem
eventually from the source index too.

There is now a new gem in RubyForge called ActiveRecord-JDBC-0.2.0.gem
instead of ActiveRecord-JDBC-0.2.gem. The 0.2.gem is the faulty one, but
the 0.2.0.gem is correct.

  Ola Bini (http://ola-bini.blogspot.com)
  JvYAML, RbYAML, JRuby and Jatha contributor
  System Developer, Karolinska Institutet (http://www.ki.se)
  OLogix Consulting (http://www.ologix.com)