[Rubygems-developers] Shell scripts into bindir

Imobach González Sosa imobachgs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:31:47 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to package a friend's applications with as a "gem" and I facing
a "little" problem that I don't know how to solve.

The problem is that this application have a shell script that must be
installed into "/usr/local/bin" directory. But if I include that script
into "executables", rubygems considers that it's a ruby script (so it uses a
wrapper). And if I don't include it into "executables", there's no link
in "/usr/local/bin" anymore.

So, how can I specify that I wanna this script into "/usr/local/bin" but it
just a shell script and need no changes?

I search in the manual but I was unable to found information about this topic.
Any idea?

Thank you in advance!

--
_o)  Imobach González Sosa