[Rubygems-developers] JRuby Gems

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 01:16:28 EDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Ola Bini <ola.bini at ki.se> wrote:
> >    SUFFIX_PATTERN = "{,.rb,.rbw,.so,.bundle,.dll,.sl,.jar}"

I'm thinking that this stuff should be defined a bit better in terms
of what's possible for the platform.

Non-JRuby implementations of Ruby shouldn't try to require a .jar
file, should they? Non OS X versions should try to load a .bundle,
should they?

I know that Ruby doesn't care -- it'll treat non .rb/.rbw files as
.so-files, I guess (what will Ruby on Windows do with a .jar file?),
but RubyGems should probably be a little smarter, I guess.

Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com * http://www.halostatue.ca/
               * austin at halostatue.ca * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/
               * austin at zieglers.ca