[Rubygems-developers] Fwd: How do I tell gem to always get the MSWin32 version, if one is available?

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Tue Oct 3 14:13:14 EDT 2006

It's stupid right now.  We're talking about doing a a revamp of the
way the platform thing works (what we have now was never meant to be
the final version), but maybe it woud be worth adding an option for
now that just sets a preferred platform?  That way, if you specify the
platform string correctly and exactly as its set for the gem on the
server, it doesn't ask.  If you don't specify it or it doesn't match
any exactly, it prompts.

What does everyone think?