[Rubygems-developers] Feature Request: RubyGems namespace

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 00:30:13 EST 2006

Hi, Dae.

Very good idea. And I would like to see something similar in RubyGems. If
rails (rake, whatever) plugins would be shared as gems we could solve a lot
of problems for them:
- easy of instalation
- automatic updates just with 'ruby update' or 'ruby update
- central repository (rubygems repo could be hosted on rubyonrails.org)
- only one copy of plugin in system

>> setting 'config.plugins = [:ujs, :active_form]'
Of course we need "frozing" specific version of plugin, lets say 0.3.5 for
Globalize, like we have for standard RubyGems

anatol (http://feeds.feedburner.com/apomozov-eng)