[Rubygems-developers] gem update --except ferret

Dominic Sisneros dsisnero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:47:52 EST 2006

I am on a windows machine and when I try to do a gem update, it always fails
after trying to update ferret, which has a windows compiled version a few
versions behind the current native compiled on the fly version.
What I was wondering, if there could be a option to exclude a gem from
trying to update,

i.e.; gem update --except ferret

or, if there can be a command line option to list gems needing to be
updated, which we can then do individually

gem update --list_outdated  --> [out1, out2,..]

gem install out1
gem install out2