[Rubygems-developers] HEADS-UP RemoteInstaller overhaul, check proxy workings

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 07:08:38 EST 2006

On 11/20/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:

> I've pulled all the code for updating source indexes out of:

[...]

If any problems were to pop up, I expect them to be in specifying an
> HTTP proxy on the command-line.  Gem::RemoteFetcher is no longer
> source-specific, so it fetches its proxy information from ENV as
> usual or from Gem.configuration.  I'm not sure if I'm adding the
> command line proxy options to Gem.configuration correctly or not,
> though.

[...]

Cool!  I just started looking at this.  There is a functional test that is
failing.  Apparently RemoteInstaller#sources no longer exists.  If this
method isn't being used anywhere other than the test, then perhaps the test
should be rewritten.  (Obviously we get the sources from somewhere because
the command line function still works).

I've bump the version to 0.9.0.7 and put a beta-gem on
http://onestepback.org/betagems if people want to run this version
(particularly the proxy stuff).

-- Jim Weirich