[Rubygems-developers] SourceIndex self update

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Mon Nov 20 21:06:09 EST 2006

On Nov 19, 2006, at 9:35 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> It would be nice if a SourceIndex knew how to update itself.  To do
> this it would need to know its source_uri and size.  The
> SourceInfoCacheEntry layer of indirection would then go away.
>
> I was worried about backwards compatibility in the YAML dump, so I
> didn't make this change.

Actually, not including @source_uri and @size in yaml_properties
should solve the backwards compatiblity problem.  It is unreasonable
to expect a SourceIndex to know its own yaml size.

That leaves the problem of automatically upgrading a SourceInfoCache.

Is it worth it?

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com