[Rubygems-developers] Question about install ext files (.so) into arch specific directories

Bob Cotton bob.cotton at rallydev.com
Mon Nov 20 07:53:56 EST 2006

I'm trying to get a gem to install the platform specific files into
<gem>/lib/<arch> where arch is ::Config::CONFIG['arch']. I've figured
out how to get the specfile to add the correct directories to the load
path:

  s.require_paths = ["lib", "lib/#{::Config::CONFIG['arch']}"]

However, I can't seem to make mkmf create a Makefile that will install
the files into the correct directory.

I've tried setting target_prefix in extconf.rb to no avail.

And ideas?

Thanks
-Bob

--
Rally Wins 2006 Jolt Award for Product Excellence!
Test drive the leading on-demand software life cycle management solution today: