[Rubygems-developers] gems 0.9.0 on ruby 1.8.2 +ubuntu 6.10 : now way to install to $HOME

Alexander Mikhailian mikhailian at altern.org
Mon Nov 6 05:33:13 EST 2006

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 16:29:16 -0500, Jim Weirich wrote:

> Can you run the following three commands and tell me what the outputs are:

Actually I made a mistake previously, the error in "gem install rake" was
due to the fact that GEM_HOME was unset at this moment. Now, I fixed this
this is what your three commands output:

>     env | grep GEM

>     gem env

Rubygems Environment:
  - VERSION: 0.9.0 (0.9.0)
  - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /home/lowry/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
     - /home/lowry/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
     - http://gems.rubyforge.org

>     gem list --local

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

"gem install rake" now work like a charm! Thank you for the help!