[Rubygems-developers] Release Notes for 0.9.0

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:54:23 EDT 2006

Hi, Jim.

Patch not from Daniel Roux - patch from me!

See blog entry about Proxy problem in Gem
http://blog.pomozov.info/posts/the-end-of-gem-vs-proxy-war.html

There was also discussion of this problem in the maillist some time ago.

To use proxy support you need to setup ENV variables HTTP_PROXY,
HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASS
(2 last variables are optional - username and pass could be right in
HTTP_PROXY var like http://anatol:password@w3cache.proxy.com:8080/ )

Also it works if you add -p parameter to gem

gem list -p http://login:pass@proxy1.macbank:8080 -r --backtrace

in previous versions of gem login and password were not taken into account -
so you was not able to use gem behind proxy with authentication.

anatol (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pomozok/)