[Rubygems-developers] Release Notes for 0.9.0

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:54:23 EDT 2006

Hi, Jim.

Patch not from Daniel Roux - patch from me!

See blog entry about Proxy problem in Gem

There was also discussion of this problem in the maillist some time ago.

To use proxy support you need to setup ENV variables HTTP_PROXY,
(2 last variables are optional - username and pass could be right in
HTTP_PROXY var like http://anatol:password@w3cache.proxy.com:8080/ )

Also it works if you add -p parameter to gem

gem list -p http://login:pass@proxy1.macbank:8080 -r --backtrace

in previous versions of gem login and password were not taken into account -
so you was not able to use gem behind proxy with authentication.

anatol (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pomozok/)