[Rubygems-developers] Getting ready for release 0.9.0

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 21:23:37 EDT 2006

On 6/8/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/8/06, Austin Ziegler <halostatue at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I have said before, I have package-versionless data and
> > package-versioned data. That's why I'd probably move the
> > package-versionless data to a different package entirely.
> How do you layout your project directory with this? Where do you put
> the versioned data and the versionless data?

I don't right now, because there was nothing ... portable for this.

I have some ideas of how I *want* to do it, but it would require that
I have the ability to rename/"move" filenames within the layout on the
fly or that I build a staging tree prior to packing with a gem (which
I do *not* want to do; Archive::Tar::Minitar can already do what I
want, and the gem packing is based on the same capabilities as

Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin at halostatue.ca