[Rubygems-developers] GemSpec-problem

Ola Bini Ola.Bini at ki.se
Thu Jun 1 06:39:27 EDT 2006

I'm currently working on RbYAML (a pure Ruby YAML parser and emitter),
and the Gems Source Index is a pretty good test. But I found an entry
which seems to be an error from the YAML point of view. The
description-element for the package 'ruby-extra' begins with a
c-reserved characater (a ` with ascii code 96). According to
http://yaml.org/spec/current.html#id2535812 example 4.9 and 4.10, this
character cannot start a plain scalar. I'm currently not sure how Syck
YAML handles this case, but for future portability it would be good to
take a look at it.

 Ola Bini