[Rubygems-developers] Install path

Jim Freeze rubygems at freeze.org
Fri Jul 21 12:25:09 EDT 2006

At work we have created a common area to install gems. These
gems are used by Sun, HP and Linux machines.

I recently installed rails into this common area with something like

    gem instal rails -i /path/to/common/gem/area --include-dependencies

When some of my apps didn't run, I found that in

the shebang had:

What would be better for our purposes is it to read

   #!/usr/bin/env ruby

This will let any architecture machine use the gem (at least those
with executables).

Is there a way to customize the shebang without having to edit the
bin files after install?

Jim Freeze